Sunday, August 24, 2008

A Huge Thanks!

I just want to take a moment before I go to bed to thank all of our family and friends who helped us this weekend. We got so much done at my mom's house in preparation to us moving in. Rooms got painted, furniture was moved out to storage, Bekah had play-dates, dinners were prepared, toys were washed, junk was thrown out, counters were organized, window blinds were washed, bathrooms were scrubbed, a step was make for the back porch to prevent Bekah from falling and a fan was installed into mine and Keith's room (thanks to Keith's grandpa)....I'm sure I'm forgetting something but you get the idea.

We worked so hard this weekend and I'm exhausted but we couldn't have done it without all the help - so thank you friends and family! I hope we have energy left to move out of our place but at least we will be into my mom's before I start chemo.!

2 comments:

Jan Roberts said...

Thanks Cara for keeping us all updated, especially the relatives that are not close enough to hear from you except by blog. What an ingenious idea. You & Keith have done a great job keeping us informed. I read my 'Our Daily Bread' devotion today & thought of you. I know Grandma Carol reads it & your church gets copies, but thought I'd just quote the anonymous message, "When He leads through some valley of trouble, His omnipotent hand we trace; For the trials and sorrows He sends us Are part of His lessons in grace." Also the closing thought, "In every desert of trial, God has an oasis of comfort". You are all in our prayers, glad you'll be with your Mom soon. Your friends & relatives have done a great job. We all love you guys, ~Auntie Jan & Uncle Ted~

Lisa Leonard said...

ugh, i hate moving! so glad you had lots of help to make it feel homey and new. praying for you guys!!