Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Good Day

Today ended up being better than I expected.

I woke up and could barely get myself to take a shower before taking Sadie to her doctors appointment. I was dreading all three appointments I had to go to and I was starting to ask God Why me? Why do I have to be the one who has cancer and why right after I have a baby and why right when Keith is going back to school? I was feeling pretty down but I knew the days events had to happen so I put down my coffee cup, got out of my chair and got ready for the day.

The first appointment was for Sadie's tongue "tie" issue and it turns out the the doctor didn't think it was necessary since Sadie is eating fine and gaining weight.....I was kinda relieved since I knew watching my little baby scream from the procedure wasn't going to be easy. The doctor said that maybe having a good first appointment of the day was a sign that the rest of the day would go well also. I thought...ya that would be nice but God's been stretching me so much lately I'm not sure today is the day that He's going to give me a break.

The second appointment was for me...I needed to get my stitches taken out from my biopsy site on my neck. I was a little nervous about it since I'd never had stitches before and I had to wait for a while since the doctor was stuck in surgery....but it ended up being painless....yea! Just one more appointment to go.

The third appointment was to my oncologist to find out the results of the PET/CT scan and what stage the cancer is at. I knew going into the PET I was at a stage 2 but I had been trying to prepare myself for stages 3 or 4. Keith and I had to wait over an hour to see the doctor and when he finally came in he showed us the films of the scan.....I was only glowing in my neck and chest! Thank the Lord! I was in shock.....God is finally giving me a little break....I'm only at a stage 2! I will still have to go through 12 weeks of chemo and then radiation but it sounds like that should hopefully do the trick. I know the road is still going to be hard and I'm still in the fight of my life but it gives me hope to know the cancer didn't spread further through my body during my pregnancy. I will have a pic line (an IV placed in my upper arm that will stay for the 12 weeks of chemo. to administer the drugs) put in hopefully on Tuesday and my first treatment is scheduled for Thursday at this point.

Thank you for all your prayers and sorry this post is so late. When Keith and I finally got home around 6pm I was back on mommy duty and this is the first chance I've had to sit at the computer to share my day with you.

24 comments:

Kristen Borland said...

that is good news. you are a brave woman (even if you don't feel like it at times!), and we will continue to pray.

Irish Girl said...

Praise God!!! Cara I am so happy that Sadie didn't have to have surgery and that you are at Stage 2!!!! I love you and miss you! Big internet hugs to you! I'm at NAU with Hillissa tonight... then 2 more days of driving! Talk to you soon!

Lisa Leonard said...

so glad to hear the good news! thinking about you guys!!

erika said...

My prayers have been for you all day. I just checked your blog a little while ago, but there was no news so I thought I'd try again. I am soooooooooo glad to hear this news. PRAISE GOD!!! Love to you all -Erika

Carrie Haughey said...

oh! Praise God! so many answered prayers at once! I need to get that baby present to you this weekend, I am SUCH a slacker. I would also like to cuddle your little baby too...

Thanks for so faithfully updating us!

Joanie said...

Praise God! God is Good. Lifting you up for some especially tender mercies as you go into the weekend.

Mama Mote said...

So glad to read the good news, Cara and Keith. Am praying for you and your family and I know Liz is, too. She is very concerned. I will see you soon - at least Monday with a meal anyway. Love you all.

Alissa Joy said...

God is so good!! praying for you! i miss and love you soooooooo much :)

Jeannett said...

PRAISE THE LORD!!!! I have been checking your blog every five minutes (or so it seems) yesterday to find out what happened at the doctors! You were in my constant prayers! So, so, so thankful for God's mercies! :)

Kevin Heldt said...

Oh good! We're so glad! We'll continue to pray for you guys.

2Badgers said...

How wonderful to have so many surprises and great answers to prayer on a day that could have been much harder! We've been holding our breath here for you all, and claiming God's goodness, while thinking of scripture's promises. Lots of hugs...

liz oelker said...

Praise the Lord!!! I checked all night prayed all night and I just woke up. Now we must pray for your comfort as you start chemo. Love you so much!!!

Kate said...

yeahh!!!!! praise the lord!!! oh i'm so so thankful and happy for you. only stage two!!! praise the lord!!!

Ponderosa said...

arPeet's here... love you guys and are praying for you.

elias said...

praise God! will continue to pray...

Liv said...

oh, Cara,
I am so happy and relieved to hear the news! Thankyou for keep us updated, any bit of your time is a treasure!
Liv

Jan Roberts said...

PRAISE OUR FAITHFUL GOD! I too was checking your blogspot last night before getting ready for bed, but didn't see your update until this morning. We are so thankful to our Lord for answering so many prayers that have gone up for Cara, Sadie & the family. Our God is so good! We know He will carry you through the rest of your ordeal. We love & pray for all of you, including your Mom, bless her Lord for all she does as a mother, wife & grandmother. ~Auntie Jan & Uncle Ted~

Brianna Heldt said...

Rejoicing in this news! I'll continue praying! (So glad for sweet little Sadie too!)

Our Life Together said...

Praise the Lord for good news. I know you still have a long road ahead of you with Chemo but I will continue to pray for you. Good to hear about Sadie too. Have a great weekend and Praise God.

The Scholl Family said...

Hi Cara,
bless your heart for all you're going through! My Mom (Wynn Heggli) told me this week that you had been diagnosed with lymphoma AND that you had a brand new baby girl, and my heart goes out to you. You're in our family's prayers. Your blog posts are so right-on- focused on the Lord! He can do anything!
Sending love,
Jennie Scholl

Bren and Jen said...

Praise the Lord for He is good. I am so thankful we have such a big God who can care for so many at once. Some prayers were answered today and some still in the waiting. We will be here to love you, support you, and pray you through this; because all things are possible with He who gives us strength. I love you and miss you!!!

hugmom said...

Praising the Lord with you! We're in the fight with you - our position is on our knees!

Lynn Garrett said...

I'm so glad to learn you've moved into your new home with all the assistance of those who love you.

Love this blog to keep me updated on how best to pray for you.

Auntie Lynn in St Louis, Missouri

shari said...

woohoo! i am tearing up reading this!

i am happy for this small, but good news!