Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Library Time

Keith has Tuesdays off school and since he studied all weekend we decided to take the girls to the city Library today for a "fun" family outing. Bekah has been once with Keith so she was really excited to go. We got there around 10:45 and stayed for an hour. Bekah found the same book she got last time (an airplane book) but Keith found some other new ones for her to try and Sadie....well she had a poop (I got to take care of that) and then wanted to be held. Keith was also looking for a book for school (that way he will have one less book to buy...I came up with that idea...yay me :) and it took a while to find. So he had Sadie and I ended up strolling Bekah around in Sadies carseat throughout the Library - trying to keep her quiet. Then when we were ready to go Sadie was ready to eat (of coarse) and Bekah was ready to run around. We all had a good time but we were exhaused by the end of it and ready for lunch and naps!

Right now Bekah is on an evening walk with Grammy and Grandpa and Sadie is relaxing in Keiths arms. I'm waiting for 8:00 to roll around because I like watching Biggest Loser with my little bro. Josh (while eating popcorn and icecream :) I know - I'm terrible but I look forward to it every week and I did get some skinny cow icecream sandwiches for tonight! I've heard that you can lose your appetite during chemo.....this still hasn't happened to me yet....oh well. I'll let you know how chemo. goes tomorrow.

5 comments:

shari said...

we LOVE biggest loser!

after we finished dinner dane said, 'so do you want to eat your birthday cake?'

i just looked at him and motioned towards the tv...i feel so guilty eating bad while watching the biggest loser!

2Badgers said...

Hi guy and gals,
What a great adventure in educational resources! We're so thankful that you are having energy to still get out as a family and make memorable moments with each other. Praise the Lord for simple pleasures (like the Biggest Loser)and good results with Cara's treatments.
Love from us all including "little brother" Chad:)

Irish Girl said...

I love Biggest Loser too! I saw the first week, but the other two (tonight included) are still on my DVR b/c I've been working so much!
Let me know if you like skinny cow... I really liked the sandwiches, they also have ice cream covered 3/4 with chocolate that are really good! They sell both kinds at Costco.. in case you haven't seen them yet :)
My mom said you sat at her table at Salad Supper... I'm glad you got to go! Miss you tons! Looking forward to a BIG hug when I get to come home... hopefully Thanksgiving! :)

The Scholl Family said...

Hi Cara,
there's something about Biggest Loser that always makes me hungry too. I'll bet there's millions of Americans who are not only inspired by the incredible weight losses of the contestants, but who are at the same time packing on their own poundage!!! (Hee hee- me included!)
love, Jennie (Stef Tang's sister)

Joanie said...

What is it about the library and small kids that is so exhausting? We haven't gone nearly as much as I thought we would! Your outing sounds like it was full of quality time - how nice!