Saturday, September 6, 2008

Pink PJs, Pink Dolly, and...Airplanes!!



Now that we live so close to the SLO airport, Bekah has discovered her new favorite word: AIRPLANE! Her absolute favorite activity currently is to go watch the planes land and takeoff, waving hello and goodbye, and going "oooohhhhh" (her eyes lighting up) for the big planes. We borrowed an airplane book from the library and now that's all she want to read, and tonight she enjoyed watching a Blue Angels dvd. I, for one, find this amazing and cool, illustrating the incredible unpredictability that comes with parenting. I'm cruising along, surrounded by pink everything, commenting on how cute dresses are, and WHAM...Bekah actually develops interest in something I never expected, yes something that has always been a love of mine. I swear I didn't plan this. Well, whether a quick phase or a long-term interest, I'll cherish the image of Bekah peering through the fence and waving at all the airplanes.

4 comments:

2Badgers said...

Good morning to all you sweet ones:) Keith thanks for writing on behalf of your wonderful girls to keep us up on all the amazing discoveries in the midst of life. Let your Dad know too if you feel like briefly going to the Salinas Airshow coming up, or you may have something closer to you during this crucial time with Cara's treatments. We so enjoy your expression and writing....keep up the great makings of a Communications/English teacher! Lots of love and prayers....:)

Sheila said...

Hey Keith! I love the blue angles picture. It reminds me of my dad. They were his favorite and we live right by Moffet Field which used to be a big air base so when we were little we would always rush outside when we heard the sound of the blue angles and watch as they flew over our house. We also went to air shows in SF which was so much fun. So exciting to hear Bekah exclaim "Airplane" and point to the sky :) I miss you guys... praying for you thanks for all the updates! I read your blog everyday!

Unknown said...

Remember when we got to meet the Blue Angels at that San Francisco club? They are AWESOME!

Keith said...

Aahhh, yes--those were some good times up at SF fleet week. There was nothing like seeing the Blue Angels fly over the Golden Gate and out over that gorgeous bay. I ALWAYS looked forward to the SF trips with you guys!!