Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Coffee!!!



Keith and I went out to breakfast this morning (we had a wonderful time together) and I was able to enjoy a cup of coffee for the first time since my chemo treatment last Thursday! I was so disappointed last Friday when I woke up and the taste of coffee made me nauseated. After not enjoying my morning cup of cofffee for almost my whole pregnancy with Sadie I wasn't ready to give it up again but I had no choice.....until this morning. It's funny - the little things you look forward to in life - for me it's my morning cup of joe. It's the reason I actually went to my senior year of high school (I got a mocha every morning on the way to school....to this day I don't know how I was able to afford it), it helped me get through those long days at work and it's the reason I would wake up in the morning after Bekah was born (the only reason I was actually able to stay awake those early hours). Needless to say I'm looking forward to my good days during this time in my life not only for a break from all the side effects of chemo. but also for my morning fix. Oh Coffee How I Love Thee!

8 comments:

Jason and Anna said...

HA! Oh Cara...what torture. It's the SURE sign that you are a strong lady! I mean...what's chemo got on NOT HAVING COFFEE!!! ahhhhhh! It makes sense that it wouldn't be yummy though. When I have a bad cold or the flu...coffee sounds sooooooo gross to me. So weird.

Ok, so now that you are feeling better, can we come by today or tomorrow? We want to see you and give Keith his long lost CD's...and hold Sadie too! :-)

summer... said...

oh the love of coffee. can't live without it. when you are having an i want coffee moment... lets go out and get some. just us. no kids. hugs.

Jeannett said...

Coffee tasted like MUD when I was pregnant. That was actually how I "knew" before I "knew". By the third morning of the cofee tasting like dirt, and Andy insisting he hadn't done anything different and that it tasted just fine to him..."uh-oh!". It was so hard...knowing that it would taste awful, but craving that warm mug and morning ritual...good to see you can stand it!

Kristen Borland said...

okay, so i don't like coffee, but i am a friend of caffeine... glorious caffeine!

so glad you got your taste back for it! it's the little things in life, right?!

Liv said...

Cara, You look spectacular in that new hair cut!
Gosh, I can't believe what your doing! I'm amazed and sad and scared and greatful that you have the Lord... Thankyou for letting us into your life in little snipits, it helps us know how to pray and love you.
Liv

Lisa Leonard said...

coffee is a good thing. in the evenings i start looking forward to my morning coffee. love you guys!!

Jan Roberts said...

Cara - You come by your love of coffee from your Danish ancestors! All Grandma Wilmot's girls like coffee too. Sorry the chemo made it taste bad, but glad to hear that's only temporary. ~Auntie Jan~

2Badgers said...

Good Thursday AM Cara:) We pray that God is giving you strength and His presence as you face the next round of Chemo. Also, hope that you are getting some coffee as you start into this challenging day. The Swedish side of Grandpa B's family have always loved theirs as you know. My English side has not had as much fun with Tea, I think now! Love you and many prayers from all of us.