Sunday, September 14, 2008

Little Vices




First of all, Cara is doing much better. Actually, she's really hyper right now, one of the strange side-effects of Prednisone. Cleaning, dishes, organizing...she's running around doing all of it right now. I'm sitting here enjoying a rare restful moment, in disbelief at how horribly my 49ers are playing, and Cara is making me dizzy. So, I suppose that is fantastic news. She's definitely doing much better than she was at this point last week. She even felt good enough this morning to have a blast at breakfast with Jen Peet and Olivia Fugler, two close friends who now live away from SLO.

Bekah, like all of us, has a couple vices. Not the serious kind but just a few small obsessions. First on the list: chapstick. Cara used to keep her chapstick on her night stand, but every so often Bekah would sneak off and we'd find her digging her little fingers into the little cylinder, eating chapstick greedily. We've since moved the object of desire but still let her put a little on from time to time.

And my vice is ice cream, or really anything sweet. I love making a good sundae and became way too excited the other night about Marichino cherries and whipped cream. So bad yet so good.

7 comments:

THE WHITTINGTONS said...

what a cutie bekah is! and so blonde... glad to hear that this round of chemo has been better than the last. blessings.

Irish Girl said...

Bekah is getting so big! She is such a cutie!
I'm glad Cara is feeling better! I definitely know about that side effect of prednizone... I would come over and my mom would have changed all the furniture around b/c of one of her prednizone kicks! Sometimes she would finish a whole book in a night b/c she couldn't sleep... such an evil drug, especially when it is needed!
I hope God will continue to give you guys strength!
Thanks for being so good about posting... I definitely feel out of it out here in Texas! I miss Sundays in the courtyard! :)

Alissa Joy said...

shes a woman now.

2Badgers said...

Omigosh! Those pics of Bekah are priceless! And those TEEEETH! Where'd they all come from? I love the hair-outta-the-ears thing, too!

Sooo glad to hear Cara's doing well after Thursday's treatment... what you guys are sharing has gotta be speaking to folks- we know some up our way who will soon begin their own chemo-treatments.

You encourage our hearts! May many be likewise blessed!

God is Great!... in your family
Dad mike

2Badgers said...

And from the female Badger on vices, the whipped cream works great in light or maybe fat free too, and love those cherries on top of ice cream with dark chocolate syrup! So glad that Cara is doing better this time, and uncle Chad can help give some different flavors of chapstick that he got from Costco too:)

Sheila said...

haha! THis post totally made my day :D Pictues of Bekah made me smile, so glad Cara's feelin a little better and you had a restful moment and the ice cream (more like whipped cream) sundae looks amazing! Ice cream's my favorite and it reminded me of our g2 ice cream sundae's too! Love you guys and praying for you! Cara, I just finished Redeeming Love... such an incredible novel. I loved it. Thanks for letting me borrow it.

Lisa Leonard said...

well one hyper day must be a nice change of pace! bekah is so freaking cute! love you guys!!