Sunday, September 21, 2008

A Family Affair


After my second dose this week of Chemo I was given 4 shots to take home that are supposed to help boost my white blood cell count. The nurse instructed my mom on how to give an injection but she felt more comfortable having my younger sister (who is a medical assistant) show her how to give it before trying herself....so yesterday evening Kacey came over and gave me my first injection. I decided to take a picture from my viewpoint right before Kacey stuck me in the belly. It was actually pretty funny watching everyone shuffle around not wanting to miss any of the excitement.....

7 comments:

shari said...

haha! i love it!

Unknown said...

i can totally picture this!

Carrie Haughey said...

great family picture! I love Keith's expression...

Jason and Anna said...

hahahaha. that's hilarious! What's wrong...didn't want to stab yourself in the stomach? ug...yeah, don't think i'd be too in to that idea either.

joy said...

they all look so happy, but i guess you're the one getting the shot. that's classic.

Mama Mote said...

That is too funny. Way to go, birthday buddy. Tell her next time you see her.

2Badgers said...

Wow! So much family skill and helpful preparation for the inevitable! What a great exhuberant bunch of fmaily you have:)