Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Growing up

Yesterday Bekah went pee-pee on the potty for the first time! She's been interested in it for a while now but had never been successful in past attempts. Lately she's been taking her diaper off when we put her in her crib for nap time and she's always quick to tell us when she has a dirty diaper so we knew she was getting close to that special time of needing to be potty trained.

Keith went out and picked up some "pee-pee" treats (m&m's) so that we would be ready for the next time she wanted to try and as luck would have it she's not interested anymore. Oh well....I guess I'll just use the treats for me :).

As far as updates go: I'm still sick (I guess I over did it cleaning on Sunday because Monday I started getting a head cold and it's now traveling down into my chest). I have my next chemo treatment tomorrow and one on Friday also because one of the drugs has to be split up into two days. Keith and my mom took Sadie to Sears yesterday to get some pictures taken (I've been wanting a picture of my sweet little Sadie to hang next to Bekah's pictues in my room...seeing their faces on my bedroom wall helps me get through the hard moments in life right now). I think Sadie liked the photo shoot because she slept through the night last night...I guess she wants to make sure she's getting plenty of beauty rest. Bekah is off to another play date this morning and is excited to see her friend Caedra again (she played at Caedra's house yesterday and had a great time!) And Keith....well he's still his wonderful self. I'm so glad God blessed me with such a loving husband and daddy for the girls. He starts back at Cal Poly next week to get his teaching credential (he already has his BA in communication studies and he wants to be a high school English teacher). I hope we can survive without him while he's at school.

Well I think that's what's new with us. Hope you have a great Wednesday....the week is half way over!

6 comments:

joy said...

hi, cara. little sadie is so cute! i really enjoyed holding her the last time i was there. i bet her pics turned out so cute. and bekah is so beautiful. and i'm such a loser--i'm just now finding your blog. i'm praying for you guys.

Jason and Anna said...

I LOVE YOU CARA!!!!!!!!

Alissa Joy said...

i screamed in my dorm room when i read that bekah tinkled in the little potty. im so proud!

remember that time in the car, on our way to cool cats: it started REEKING and i asked her if she had poo poo-ed her her diaper. "ya!"... but she never did. that was weird.

i remember when she started saying YA and NO and i started crying because i was so joyful about her growth... now she's PEEING IN THE TOILET! ah. this is just weird.

i seriously had a strong disgust for babies, and their crying and pooing, but then i fell in love with your little doll! she is the first child i ever liked and then i grew to fall deeply in love with her. now i have a new little baby to fall in love with and get to know! yay!!

ok im going to barf from all this cheesiness if i keep writing.

im so proud of you cara. so stinkin proud. i love you to the max- my sister :) you and the fam are in my prayers. ah. ok every time i read that blog of yours i want to go home and snuggle with your children and dance/sing to boz. you love torturing me. well i'll be there soon- living with you, playing with bekah. i get her to be her play date at LEAST once a week when im home. so dont get those scheduled. got it?? love you!

2Badgers said...

We each certainly have our thanksgiving lists!... you guys are *ALL* waay up on ours!

And i've got my own picture gallery, as well... yeah, it helps get us thru our days.

Countin' them down 'til we see you & the girls again!

Prayerfully,
Dad mike

Irish Girl said...

Cara, still praying for you and all you're going through! I would love to see those pics of Sadie if you have extras. And don't worry about Bekah, she will come around. Take her shopping for big girl panties :) That will entice her! LOL! you know us girls and our love for shopping!
Hang in there sweetie! I know that you will get through all of this!!!!
Big cyber hug!!!

liz oelker said...

Hugs to you Cara!