Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Radiation Treatments

I got a call from Dr. Gilroy's office today and found out I will have my first treatment this Thursday at noon....and continue five days a week for 17 treatments total....my last one landing on December 1st! It sounds like the treatments won't be to severe and my body may even be able to heal from chemo. during the radiation....yay!

On another note my mom has to get a bone marrow biopsy next Wednesday. She's been having her own medical issues involving extreme fatigue, anemia and shortness of breath and is now seeing my chemo dr....Dr. Malone so keep her in your prayers....I may get to start taking care of my mom just like she's been takeing care of me....

5 comments:

Elias said...

you'd be the one for the job:

2 Cor. 1:3-4 --
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort,
who comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God."

Mama Mote said...

Amen to that!

Irish Girl said...

Wow... when it rains it pours... I will be praying for you as you go through this month of radiation and that your body will be able to heal from Chemo... I will be praying for your mom as well. I am registered on the bone marrow database.. so maybe I will be a match... that would be cool!
Hugs!

Kim Thomas said...

Cara & Keith,

Want you to know we are still praying for you all. Cara, so happy to hear the chemo worked!!! No, God WORKED!!! What an answer to prayer!! We'll be praying for you radiation that's coming.

And we most definitely will be praying Cara for your mom. God has done wonders in you, we know He can with your mom as well.

You're in our thoughts and prayers!

Love in Christ!
Kim & Ken Thomas

Unknown said...

I'm so touched by your courage and optimistic way to deal with all these.

I'm also a secondary school teacher who is constantly overloaded with pressure from work. Sometimes I just feel so lost and don't know if I have the strength to start a new day at school with all the frustrating kids, parents, non-sensed paperwork. Let me remember, out there, there are people like you who wfight very hard for life and are still staying so positive.

May you and your girls live happily and healthily in the years to come.