Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I'm Exhausted!

The girls are in bed - Keith is at school - I've had a busy day like most mom's do and as I sat down to write a nice post my mind and body stopped working! I was even planning on sharing a bunch of pictures but it will have to wait until tomorrow morning....I always write better in the morning as I drink my first..second...or sometimes third cup of coffee...Sadie's been waking up around 5am the past few mornings so coffee has been a necessity!

My mom and I had our appointments with Dr. Malone this morning...mine went as I expected - he asked how I was doing, checked my radiation site since it's getting a bit burned and told me I'm doing great. When I asked him what I should do with my hair since some pieces are starting to grow (although a lot of them aren't) and I look like a scrounge he said I have to start letting it grow some time and I'll just need to wear a hat....he laughed at me when I told him I get tired of wearing hats and if I have to deal with looking at my scroungy hair so will everyone else :)! So watch out friends scroungy Cara is coming!

My mom's appointment was after mine and the first thing Dr. Malone told her was that she didn't have cancer (yay) but that one of the tests wasn't back yet and he's waiting on that to make a diagnosis. If it isn't conclusive he wants to run more tests and send them up to stanford for more detailed and specialized tests. It looks like my mom either has a genetic anemia that would be treated with a shot of EPO every few weeks to help with her symptoms or Milodisplasia (MDS....this can get worse with time and could eventually turn into leukemia...not good!). We find out in a few days if she has an official diagnosis or if the more detailed blood work is required. She's feeling very worn out and for good reason....it's hard to wait for results especially when your body isn't working properly and is constantly in a state of fatigue! She is a strong woman though and I'm glad we are able to support each other...

God sure is stretching us right now and it makes me wonder what He has in store for the future...only time will tell!

Have a good night friends...talk to you in the morning with a big cup of coffee and a refreshed body and brain...hopefully :)

6 comments:

Jan Roberts said...

Hi Cara - Thanks for your update on you & your Mom. Auntie Lynn had just talked to Grandma Carol & learned about the same thing you said about your Mom. We are all praying for you & your Mom. Give her our love, & keep plenty for yourself!
I know it must be difficult for both of you with all the 'trials' you have been going thru lately. We know God is still in control and we have to keep our faith in Him strong. He won't let us down. Love you all and hope things are going better by Thanksgiving. Even with the current circumstances, we have a lot to be thankful for. Love & blessings, ~Auntie Jan & Uncle Ted~

Irish Girl said...

So glad that your mom doesn't have cancer! I'll be at church on Sunday so I hope you have enough energy to be there! If not... I'll come out to see you before I leave to come back to Texas! Miss you all!

Kate said...

OH, We love you guys so much and you are constantly being prayed for in the Hasson house.

2Badgers said...

Oh Cara, you are so freshing and brave to not even care about scroungy hair! As Keith says, it makes you even more beautiful with the heart of a Godly wife and mom who hopefully allows herself to be resting as much as possible through all this:). So thankful that the radiation is going well, and we of course are waiting for that last test of Jan's and praying for her often as we wait.
Love you,
Mom/Dad B

Lisa Leonard said...

Thanks for the update. Praying for you guys. Saturday night??

Mama Mote said...

Love you guys and are continuing to pray for you. Give your mom a hug for me.