Thursday, November 13, 2008

Quick Update

The news from yesterday was mixed. I gave my lesson as planned at Arroyo Grande High School and it went better than I expected. The students totally engaged with my lesson theme and I had no real discipline issues. After the lesson, my professor (who is also the teacher of this AGHS class) blew me away by saying that I have great natural teaching instincts and that she would hire me tomorrow. She loved every part of the lesson!! Phew!

I went home and took care of Bekah and Sadie while Cara took her Mom to her bone marrow biopsy. The procedure did turn out to be very painful as Dr. Mallone had a tough time getting the stir-straw-size needle to go into her hip bone. On the third try, he finally got it. She came home limping and in quite a bit of pain. We now have to wait until next Wednesday for results, so I'll keep you all posted. In the meantime, pray for Jan as she recovers from the procedure and awaits hopefully positive results.

10 comments:

liz oelker said...

congrats to you and we will definitely be praying for her. if you think about it, give her a hug for me :)

Mama Mote said...

That's exciting, Keith, about your teaching. I know you were excited about it and hoped it would go well. Great! And let Jan know I'm praying for her, too. Give your girls hugs for me.

Unknown said...

I knew you'd be a great teacher!!

Irish Girl said...

Congrats on the lesson! Of-course you are a natural... you've been working with the highschoolers for years now! :)
Tell Jan I am praying for her! Big hugs all around! I'll be home in 8 days!!!!

2Badgers said...

Thanks Keith for the update on your lesson and how well it went. We are proud of your hard work and are thankful that God has given you that gift and enthusiasm for it! We continue to especially pray for Jan and wait for results.
As always in prayer and love,
Mom and Dad

Jan Roberts said...

Hi Keith & Cara - Congratulations on your lesson at Arroyo Grande High, we knew you would do a great job. Give our love to Jannie Lee & tell her we are praying for her too. It seems like your family is due for some good news soon. Our God is faithful & we know He cares for Jannie Lee & all of you. ~Auntie Jan & Uncle Ted~

Kim Thomas said...

Cara and Keith,

We've been praying for you Cara, and so glad you're doing well through Chemo and now radiation treatments. And the cancer is in remission. Exciting!! An answer to prayer!

We want you to know that your mother Jan, is in our hearts and in our prayers!! We're so sorry for the pain she had to go through yesterday. We continue to pray for the days ahead, that the Lord would heal her, and not allow her to go through any more pain. And of course, comfort for all of you through this very difficult time.

Love you in Christ!
Kim

Lisa Leonard said...

that is so great that your lesson plan went so well!!! praying for jan...

Larissa said...

Huge congrats, Keith! I never had any doubts that you would be a great teacher. how wonderful to get such positive encouragement.

Bonnie said...

Hi Cara, This is Bonnie (Miller) Masten. Have been watching your progress via your blog and praying for you and your family. So grateful for God's sovereignty in your life. Your babies are beautiful. Would you please tell your Mom that I am thinking and praying for her. She is indeed one of the sweetest women I know...has been since she was a little girl. My heart is broken that she is having to deal with this, but I know that her peace and rest lies in her walk with Jesus. Let your grandma Carol know that I wrote also if you can. Tell them both that I love them and will be praying daily.