Friday, October 17, 2008

Chemo #7

I just had my second dose of Chemo for the week yesterday - it really wiped me out last night but I slept really well :). I also got to hang out with my girlfriend Jen Clark all day yesterday! We did errands with the girls in the morning...including going to the library and then she went with me to my chemo. appointment. The last few weeks I've been going alone so it was fun to have some company....then we swung my Country Culture and got some of my favorite yogurt....Berry Berry...it was so good! Oh...and I sported my buzz cut yesterday (no scarf or hat) since it was so hot and nobody looked at my funny - I was pretty proud of myself :).

So, when we got home Bekah was playing in her little blue kiddie pool and sprinklers out front and Jen and I spent a little time watching and playing with her until I ran out of energy and Sadie woke up from her nap. I also get to give myself those lovely shots for the next 4 days so they should make me feel better and later this morning I have my first appointment with my radiation dr. so I'm excited to see what this next part of treatment looks like.

In other news...Keith's birthday is on Sunday...he's turning the big 25! We are having a little party for him tomorrow and his parents are coming into town for the day to help celebrate so I'm hoping to have enough energy to share in the birthday fun!

Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll pray that you have enough energy for your hubby's birthday party tomorrow. And I'm also praying for you next Dr.s appt.! Keep smiling :)

2Badgers said...

We are definitely looking forward to seeing you guys tomorrow! Hope you ARE feeling up & able to enjoy some energy... but you know us-- we'll bring plenty of our own!

As for going out with a "buzz" hairdo- i feel your pain. For a guy that's known as "Hairy Badger" when stepping in for a cut/trim, i cannot fathom what it'd be like to have *NONE* up topside! A varmint like me needs his furr...

Love & hugs to you all... and in-person shortly!
Dad mike & the critters

Irish Girl said...

I saw on my calendar that it was Keith's big 25 on Sunday :) Happy Birthday to Keith!
And... of-course no one looked at you funny... you're beautiful and it's the "in" do right now with the younger crowd :) Hang in there girlie.. you're almost through! So proud of you!!!

Elias said...

cara, i'm praying that you'll have the energy to celebrate God's gift of another year for Keith. praise Him for the opportunity to celebrate that, and to celebrate it with mike and debbie too!

Lisa Leonard said...

it's good to be brave. love you guys!!

Liv said...

so good to hear that you had a freind come and spoil you with company and sweets! I am proud of you sporting the buzz and no shame, really it makes your lips look like angelina jolie's.
Love you
Liv

Alissa Joy said...

CARA!!! remember when we got those pants from old navy. we both tried them on and fell in love with them. that was so weird.

ok so im going to be a baby for halloween, and i got the same "nigh nighs" that the girls have. i just washed them, so they are sitting on my sink, and i walked over to wash my face and there they were. my heart broke.

miss you soo soo much and im so proud of you. you are in my prayers (and in my prayer journal). you are absolutely gorgeous, and i can't wait to see you and hug you and chat forever.

woah wait. how are we even going to be able to catch up? i saw you everyday and our catch up sessions were long.. :)