Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Bekah's pumpkin adventure








Hi, I'm Bekah and I am beautiful. This year my parents took me on a family outing to this giant white tent. The park would have been way better. The people who work there look scary. And it was hot, and dirty, and no other kids were there to play with. But Momma and Dadda were excited to pick out a pumpkin. I wore my pretty pink sunglasses and clips and I looked really adorable, as always. Dad grabbed a red wagon to pull me, but he was doing it all wrong so I got out and told him "I do iiit!" Then they made me walk around the dusty tent and look at sooo many orange pumpkins. "Do you like that one? Which one do you want?" They kept asking questions. And then in between Mom would make me look up at her and say cheese. But I just wanted to run around the tent, and then maybe go in the bouncy house and hay maze. Momma and Dadda said no because we were going to go to Carl's Junior. Finally Momma helped me pick a perfect pumpkin, but Dadda took forever finding his. Sadie and Momma will just share ours, I guess. Then Dadda paid the scary toothless woman for our pumpkin treasures and I once again showed him how to pull the wagon to the car. He needs help a lot.
Then we went to Carl's Junior and ate chicken strips. I stole Momma's fries a lot. Dadda showed me how to play on the playground, and Momma sat with Sadie while she slept. Then I met a new friend, but she had to go. I was sad, and then a bee attacked Dadda's nachos and we decided to go too.
Tonight, Uncle Joshy, Dadda, Momma and I made faces on our pumpkins. At first I was a little confused so I just colored all over mine with every different color. My art skills are impressive, I thought to myself. Then Momma helped me cut a hole in the top. Dadda reached down and grabbed the orange goo, and I yelled, "Naaasstyyyy!!" Joshy held a whole bunch of the goo in his fingers and I actually touched it!! I said nasty like 5 more times. Luckily Momma showed me how to scrape out the inside with a spoon without getting any on your fingers. Once all the pumpkin guts were out...we got tired so we made Dadda finish...I let Momma help me carve out two square eyes, one little nose, and one big smiley mouth. Then we took them outside, turned off all the lights, and put fire inside them. They glowed, one spooky, one silly, and one little happy one (mine). I laughed and twirled around on the dark grass until Dadda took me in for bathtime. Pumpkins are fun, I guess, even though they're nasty. And Momma and Dadda had so much fun tonight, which is what made my pumpkin adventure totally worth it. Check out these pictures! And don't forget my birthday is in four days!!

6 comments:

Christy said...

Awwww - I love the voice of Bekah in this post! Love reading about you guys and miss you.

Lisa Leonard said...

That is awesome that she knows the word 'nasty'. I love it!

Mama Mote said...

Nice pumpkins! Good job, Bekah.

Sheila said...

Cara, what a great post! The pictures are so cute and the story is so fun from Bekah's perspective. My dad had the same mask thing and we watched a video about it so I know what you mean. Miss you and love you!

2Badgers said...

What a great adventure, and you captured it so well from a toddler's viewpoint. Great job on the pumpkin carving too! It is never as much fun picking out our pumpkins now that we only have the dog's "opinion" (and skills?)to help out...Chad prefers to hang elsewhere, and is not a wonderful carver like Keith has turned out to be! Love and looking forward to Bekah's 2nd party tomorrow:)

Jan Roberts said...

Keith & Cara - I thoroughly enjoyed 'Bekah's Pumpkin Adventure' Your writing talents are well displayed thru the eyes of Bekah. After watching hours of political debates, satire etc., this was so refreshing and encouraging. We are so thrilled that the Lord has given both of you such positive attitudes. Isn't our God good! ~Auntie Jan~