Monday, July 7, 2008

Starting to Freak!

I'm sitting at my dinning room table this morning, drinking the one cup of coffee I'm allowed each day, listening to one of Bekah's favorite movies...Charlotte's Web and I started thinking...and then I started freaking out........

I only have 3 days left until I'm a mommy of 2 little girls! How is the world am I going to do it? A busy 20month old and a newborn????? I want to cry at the thought. How do you love the second one as much as you love the first? How do you make time for both plus your husband.....and maybe yourself? How do you lose all the baby weight again? I've been so busy with life and work throughout this whole pregnancy I haven't allowed myself to really think about all the details of brining home this new baby and how we are all going to survive....I'd just keep thinking..."she can't be as hard as Bekah was...right?" What if she is? I know every young mom has felt these emotions at one point...I guess I just need these prego. hormones to go away so maybe life won't seem as overwhelming...and I won't be so emotional...I hate feeling like I'm about to cry!

At least my sis Katie is on her way to SLO right now to hang out and help me for the week and our little sis Kacey who just had her firstborn last Thursday....little Gavin....he's so cute and so small...only 6lbs 15oz. I'm so thankful for my sisters...all 4 of them are a blessing to me!!!

So....thanks for listening to me this morning - maybe I'll try to post again before Thursday!

13 comments:

Jason and Anna said...

A post written by Cara!!! Yay!!! Hey, thanks again for letting me invade on thur. again. :-) I seriously can't believe that you are going to have another one too! Crazy. I have it on my little post-it to come by and see you on Fri. Will a little after 3pm work for you? Are you going to be sleeping?

Unknown said...

Love you Cara! This post sounds just like you. You will be amazing. I'll be praying for you guys. Next trip to SLO will be to see you guys and babysit. :)

jenny said...

Oh Cara - I didn't know you had a blog! Good luck with everything.... You'll do great! (I'm scared out of my ba-jeebers too!)

liz oelker said...

oh hun! I'm so sorry you're starting to freak out about everything but you know the second you bring her home it won't even matter. God's gonna give you the strength and the help to get through anything. We all have faith in you too my dear. i'll be in slo and I'll come help you out for a day :) Praying for you! Love you!!!

Cara said...

Hey Anna-
I'm glad you invaded our place on Thursday...you are always welcome although next time you may have to change a poopy diaper :)!So for Friday can you come by closer to 4? I'm going to try to take advantage of the hosp. quiet time from 2-4 everyday so that I get some rest but I would love a visit.

jen tarr said...

oh friend i just love you! I am so excited for you and cant wait to see the new little one when i get back! love you
jen

2Badgers said...

Hi Cara,
Mom B here. I hope that you know that we are always here for you, but most important we know that our Awesome God and Father is with you with every step. Being a mother of any number never seems possible, but as the Word of our Lord reminds us, with God all things are. We pray that you cling to His promises to you at this time and we will look forward to all the blessings coming very soon. You are special and wonderful to many, especially to those who are closest to you. Lots of Love and continued prayers:)

shari said...

oh man! i am so excited for you! i cannot wait to meet/see her on the blog!

Lisa Leonard said...

praying for you guys. here's my adivse...
*the first couple months are survial. do whatever works

*keep telling yourself 'a sibling is the greatest gift I can give my child' then you won't feel quite as guilty when they both need your attention and you want to drop from exhaustion!

*don't let anyone igve you advice. except me, of course!

Brianna Heldt said...

cara you will do great! lisa's advice was so good, esp. the part about survival.

then i think you find your "new normal", when all the new stuff just starts feeling like regular life.

and then you look back on life with just one and you think, how on earth did i fill my time?!

you and keith are awesome, bekah is so precious and i hope you post lots of pics of the new baby so i can see them!

SoSoBella said...

hello. i ran across your blog from someone else's blog and just wanted to comment. i had a 24 month old when my 2nd was born. overwhelming, sure, but it only lasted about a week. then you kick into you mommy mode and everything is smooth. you do what you have to, everyone gets used to having another one in the home. i do remember my step dad and husband taking them both for a long walk here and there so i could rest. it was great. also, i can remember those crayola color wonders. we had lots of them. they kept my older one busy. and they were fun and not messy.
best to you. it might be overwhelming at first. but try to live in the moment, THAT moment. if you find yourself getting overloaded just breath and think only about what you are doing and that moment, that second.
best to you, blessed mom of 2 girlies
:O) Kristy

Jason and Anna said...

TOMORROW'S THE DAY!!!! ONLY 14 1/2 MORE HOURS OF HAVING A LITTLE HUMAN INVADE YOUR BODY!! aahhhhhh!

PS: I will come a little after 4pm on Fri. The Jase may come too since he'll be off work by then! He can visit Keith :-)

PSS: You get way more comments than Keith does when he writes. haha

Alissa Joy said...

well your sliced and diced now. so its cool. not to mention im here for the poop filled diapers, spit up clean up, bekah distraction. im so obsessed with sadie i probably wont even let you hold her, so dont be stressed out. auntie lissa isnt a nickname, its my superhero identity!