Saturday, July 19, 2008

Growing up



Bekah has discovered that our Corolla is a playhouse. She pretends to drive, tries to buckle her carseat straps, and just enjoys climbing around. Upon seeing me grab the keys on the way out the front door, she finds a way to stand right in my way, reach her desperate little hands up to me and say "Keys?!" She's our little teenager, the car keys her ticket to fun. It makes me laugh, for now.

It's also been fun watching Bekah grow into her big sis role, something she's doing nicely. Tonight she heard Sadie wake up crying in the other room, and she took off running down the hall to rescue her "baby". After Sadie nurses , Bekah helps pat her on the back. Our favorite is when Bekah climbs up on the rocking chair, carefully places a blanket on her lap, and holds out her arms wanting to hold the baby. We smile to ourselves, amazed as we watch our little 20 month old become nurturing big sis.

Oh, and Sadie is adorable. She has Cara's coloring and my temperament, so far. I love it when she lifts her head on her own and peers up at me, and of course my heart melts when she snuggles up and falls asleep on me. She does, however, have this strange need to be awake from about 2-4 am. Every night. Parenting rocks.

6 comments:

liz oelker said...

you guys are so lucky. and yay for Bekah. What a great big sis :)

2Badgers said...

Thank you for sharing the latest in the settling in process. They are both precious and you are all learning so well together. Yep, parenting does rock, and we had some up in the night regular rocking sessions with each of you boys and treasured each "phase" of childhood's discoveries. We still do, and as of now, our "baby" is texting from the airport in Hawaii saying he's on his way to SF airport....life does have it's changes and discoveries and God is faithful to grow us all. Blessings and prayers in the fun there:)

2Badgers said...

Comment #2: Not sure why our identity name got changed from m&d badger, but hopefully you know who wrote this. Isn't the blogging experience great, dad says! Love you much!

Melissa. said...

They are both adorable!

Liv said...

I am so happy for you guys! Sadie is so so beautiful! Gosh I feel like I missed it all! She looks exactly like Cara. I wonder if she will stay looking like cara? I miss and love you guys, please keep posting picutres.
Liv

shari said...

i LOVE that first picture. so sweet!