Sunday, July 13, 2008

Our 3 month old newborn


When a woman is giving birth, she has sorrow because her hour has come, but when she has delivered the baby she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world...John 16:21

All is now quiet, such a strange and wonderful lull in our apartment, with Sadie and Cara both fast asleep. We just arrived home last night about 6:30 and had a great night with Sadie. She has been eating well about every 3-4 hours and has been sleeping soundly, much better than Bekah did initially, with the exception of one gas episode that kept Cara up for a while. And she's just so darn cute!! I can't go too long without having to go peek in on her chubby cheeks. Even though she's nearly 10 lbs, she still feels so small and soft. We think she looks a ton like Bekah--so much so that we keep on calling her Bekah on accident. We feel kinda bad.

As for Cara, she is somewhat tired and sore, but overall good just as long as she takes enough Vicodin. She is suddenly so much lighter and able to sleep more comfortably, and it is great seeing her improve hour by hour. If anything I just have to keep her from taking on too much! She actually was able to experience labor pains Thursday morning right before we were leaving for the hospital for our scheduled c-section. Right before she went into surgery she was having contractions 3 minutes apart. But there was no way Sadie could have been born naturally since her head was 15 cm around, but at least we know she was finally ready. Anyways, Cara was awake for the whole thing and was able to hold Sadie right after she was born, with Sadie almost attempting to nurse right in the operating room. After that we enjoyed seeing so many family and friends, and the nursing staff at French was phenomenal. Anyways, we are so happy that everything went smoothly and we are thrilled to be home, now a family of four!! Now I'm really outnumbered. Bekah has been having a ball with Grammie Jan (Cara's Mom)--eating popsicles, running through the sprinkler, and hopefully (maybe) missing Cara and I just a little. We'll get her back tonight so she will hopefully handle having Sadie home well. If Bekah's hospital visits are any indication, she's going to be the best big sis.

8 comments:

Lisa Leonard said...

So glad you are all home and together. can't wait to meet your new little sweet sadie!

Jason and Anna said...

So, I think Jason is in love with your babe. He keeps talking about her. So, can we come bring you din din on Thur.? If it's too soon that it totally ok.

Jason and Anna said...

Oh...and if we come over on Thur. I'll bring your nursing thingy Cara.

Carrie Haughey said...

she is so sweet. Would it be possible for me to come by and visit this week? If it's too much right now, maybe next week?

Jason and Anna said...

Ha, I'm a dork. I want to bring you a meal but we can't actually stay because there's a "family dinner" at the Evangelista house. Let me know if that would work!?!

Melissa. said...

Yay, Badgers! I found a link to this on Lisa's blog. Now we can keep in touch as I go off to school...
CONGRATS on Sadie. You guys will do great, if Bekah is any indication. She's getting so big!! Jennifer emailed us when Sadie was born; we're all so excited for you!

Jason and Anna said...

Ok, so I don't know if you ever got my messages but....yeah. Well, how about I just drop the nursing thingy off Friday. If you're not home then I will just leave it on your front porch. I just want to make sure that you get it before I leave for vaca!

Cara said...

Hey Anna-
I did see your post but I just felt to lazy/tired to respond...sorry. That is so nice that you made the thingy...I can't wait to use it...your a good friend! Maybe when you get back from vac Jason can come over to get a Sadie fix - I just haven't been up for much company this week.