Saturday, January 10, 2009

Starting To Work Again

I haven't blogged in a long time...Keith's been doing more than me lately- it was a nice break since the holidays were really busy but I'm glad to be at it again.

So I go to my first Lisa Leonard work meeting this morning since I went on maternity/cancer leave and I'm really excited! I'll only be working 5-10 hours a week but you have to start somewhere... and with 2 kids now I think it might take me a while to get back into the working groove along with everyday life. I've really missed this little piece of life that was all mine--although the break was very nice and necessary--but I'm so thankful that I'm well enough to be taking this on!

God's plan for our life is sometimes a bit bumpy but it's wonderful to be getting back to "real" life - I wonder if chemo really did affect my brain...to be excited about going back to work sounds silly!

4 comments:

Liv said...

Gosh, that sounds awesome Cara to have your own little job that makes money and you can do from your own house. Miss you and really glad to hear things are getting back to "normal"- whatever that really means.
liv

2Badgers said...

***...to be excited about going back to work sounds silly!***

I dunno... i need to get back to work every week, just to catch up on my rest!

Glad to hear that "life" will soon be returning to some semblance of normal, & away from all the medical excitement. Altho now with *TWO* young kids, "normal" may tend to be a bit of a moving target...

Blessings,
Dad mike & the Hollister critters

Noah said...

Hey guys. I just got the gbc prayer chain email. Praise god for the cancer free news. Yay!

Dane said...

I'm glad you're getting back to normal. It sounds crazy wanting to go back to work, but I've been there before too. Thank you sooo much for letting me spend some time with your husband when I was in California. I would have liked to see the whole Badger clan, but it was a joy to see at least one--even if it was just a target-crazed geek.