Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Lookin Good

I had a PET scan last Monday and it was NO fun! I went to bed the night before with a headache and it never went away. I couldn't eat anything that wasn't a lean protein for breakfast Monday morning (and I had to fast after that), I couldn't have coffee, my test wasn't until 3pm, I had to drink some nasty contrast stuff for the scan and I ended up with a terrible migraine before the scan even started! I couldn't cancel it or take anything for my pain because they will charge you $1,ooo dollars if you don't give enough notice or prep incorrectly. I was in so much pain by 10am my mom had to come and get me and the girls because I was unable to take care of them. Somehow I was able to barely make it through the scan...I had to lay motionless for 1/2 hour. When it was over I walked down the hall to my room and "lost it"....I proceded to "lose it" again on the way home and once I was in bed until my girlfriend came over with her migraine meds. WOW - migraines are terrible! I'd never had one before and I feel sorry for anyone who has, my head was sore for two days after that.

Well, at least the scan came back clean and my labs show no sign of thyroid problems (I guess I have a high chance of my thyroid getting funky becasue of the radiation). My hair is growing in so I don't look so much like a cancer paitent....I just look like a mom who doesn't want to fuss over her hair :). We are loving our new home and I'm so excited that I'm a functional mommy again! It constantly amazes me that 6 1/2 months ago I had my precious baby Sadie, 51/2 months ago I was diagnosed with cancer and 2 1/2 months ago I was given the news that I'm in remission! What a worlwind!

6 comments:

Pumpkin said...

I am happy you made it through the scan and I admire your strength.

I am also happy that you are doing well!

Joanie said...

Migraines are horrible. You amaze me with your stength, Cara. Yes, you and your family will never forget 2008. Enjoy your new place!

Jeannett said...

So glad the PET scan came back negative! Migraines STINK! (I get them regularly while pregnant and can't take a darn thing to make them go away!) Hang in there, enjoy your new place!

Jan Roberts said...

Congratulations Cara on getting thru the miserable PET scan. I'm thankful you were able to do it & sounds like the results were good. Also, your new video features! You are both so talented and I am looking forward to the new house video. ~Auntie Jan~

Jason and Anna said...

Hey Cara! Can I get yours and Keith's email address so that I can send the Reception Schedule to you guys!!!??? :-)

Irish Girl said...

Glad to hear you made it through and with a clean bill! yay! God is good! :)