Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Our Busy Summer

So I thought once we reached summer our schedule would be less crazy....I think I was wrong. The past few weeks have been insane with work and life but I'm making it my personal goal to figure out a way to have some much needed fun family time...and maybe some alone time too. Last week the girls and I met Keith in AG (one of his jobs is close to the village) and we all went to Klondikes Pizza and then to Bernardo's for one scoop (shared by all of us :) of peach ice cream (flavor picked by Bekah- I would have gone for chocolate). It was such a wonderful fun family date - I can't wait to splurge like that again....we all needed it and it was so so worth it.
Yay for Family Dates!!!

4 comments:

Joanie said...

Yum! That's what we do, too!

2Badgers said...

That's great that you are so great to seize the moments between life's happenings. Right now, Dad and Uncle Chad are claiming the league sized baseball field for their own, and then going to watch a favorite guy movie of Chad's. They are celebrating summer too:)

I would love that AG pizza and chocolate ice cream idea as much as you! Hope to do it soon....

liz oelker said...

I'm with you!! I feel the same way. It's just go go go. I was planning to come up to SLO a ton and now looks like only 3 trips possible. Hope it slows down but enjoy those moments you have

Dane said...

That sounds like fun! I wish we could be out in California, enjoying the sun and your company. I hope you guys have many more dates like this one.