Monday, December 8, 2008

Our Wonderful Weekend

It started with my last day of radiation...the office gave me a graduation certificate! Going away for the weekend was a great way to celebrate. We went up to Katie and Rob's and we had such a great time!
They took us to a beautiful tree farm on Saturday. A trail lead us up a hill to the main area and along the way we came across a little cottage and castle that Bekah had a great time playing in. Then we took a train ride around all the Christmas trees (Bekah is obsessed with trains right now she was in heaven - when it was over she said Again! Again!)...it was really fun but really cold! I don't think the temp. got any higher than mid 40's the whole day....as you can see I had to leave my flip flops behind and I wasn't the only one wearing a hat :). Keith and Bekah also had fun going through a corn maze at the end of our visit at the farm. What a fun adventure!

That evening (after a warm lunch and naps) we all went to the Kingsburg Christmas Parade. The girls loved all the lights and music and we treated ourselves to some hot chocolate and popcorn.

The girls did really well the whole time (this was our first trip with both of them) which means that Keith and I had a wonderful weekend!

Thanks Katie and Rob for all the weekend fun!










4 comments:

Mama Mote said...

What fun! And congratulations on your graduation. That is so great. The pictures are so fun and it sounds like a fun place to visit. Glad you got to take time to visit Katie and Rob. Making Memories...

liz oelker said...

those are some great pics of you guys. and congratulations on making it through chemo and radiation. I'm so proud of you. You are an amazing woman!! hugs!

Liv said...

Congrats on the end of you radiation!!!! You looked great in all the pictures! I love seeing your face, oh and your daughters were so scrumptious!!!

Megan said...

:) Happy no more radiation! Yay for healing! Your family is beautiful, and I miss them!