Monday, June 9, 2008

Zoo time!





Sorry the for the lack of posts lately. I'll do better!! I may even get Cara to blog sometime though she has been extremely busy and tired. The zoo in Atascadero recently proved the perfect size for our little family. Meerkats, monkeys, goats, and various birds kept us entertained but not detained for too long as Bekah ran from exhibit to exhibit, primarily enjoying her freedom rather than checking out the animals. And I thought Cara went through exhibits quickly, never understanding the irrefutable Law of Tourism--"Thou must read every placard, sign, and memorial in its entirety." The two highlights were definitely the meerkats and goats, the latter Bekah had a blast feeding. We also created a "Sally Habitat" which Cara and I found hilarious, while Bekah was less than amused. After about an hour in the zoo, we retreated to the beautiful park by the zoo. Cara sat and rested (something she doesn't do nearly enough) while Bekah and I tried out various slides and swings. I may have had more fun than her. It was not too long ago that I remember dragging my Mom to various parks around the Hollister area--Dunne park, Calavaras, and Hill park. Sweet times. Anyways, it was a great day, and watching Bekah's expression as some goat slurped the cracker right out of her hand will stay with me forever!

No comments: