Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Nana and Poppop visit



I wanted to post a few highlights of a visit from my grandparents (aka Nana and Poppop) a few weekends ago. On Saturday, we all went to Avila Valley Barn, this little tourist trap with animals, fresh produce, and a candy shop (my favorite part). Bekah seemed somewhat interested in the ducks and goats, but the most fascinating animal in the whole place was a random black bird that flitted around the grass area, tantalizing Bekah while she pointed and yelled "BAAAA". The bird finally flew up on a nearby roof, out of Bekah's sight, and she did her signature confused look, raising both hands and saying "Go??" (see picture above). It was hilarious. Cow--who cares; donkey--so what; peacock--yawn; common black bird--SWEET!!
Next we ventured over to the sweet shop, the home of all things good, beautiful, and scrumptious. Nana treated us to ice cream, and Bekah insisted that she needed her OWN cup of Cookies and cream and do everything herself. If we tried to help her, she got mad. So she had the time of her life, and was covered in ice cream goo in no time, thus marking the end of Avila Valley Barn time. It was so much fun!!

4 comments:

Kristen Borland said...

it's hilarious what kids find the most fascinating at places like that! at disneyland, one of nehemiah's most favorite "rides" was the tram ride to the park. why did we pay for tickets?

Alissa Joy said...

HAHAHA!! I LOVE HER! I can totally imagine Bek doing that. HA! I love how she is turning into an independent lady. I love little sassy Bek! I can't wait to see you guys tonight! I always look so forward to Tuesdays! Ha! Anyway. I should do the load of homework, and clean the disaster I call my room :) See ya in two hours!! :)

shari said...

she is so cute!

Jason and Anna said...

Cara!!! Are we doing our pedicure tomorrow??? I will call you and sched it! :-) Hopefully your mother can watch the offspring? haha! :-) Ok, talk to you later!