Thursday, May 15, 2008

Big Test and Itunes

It's been feeling a lot like Summer around here lately, and Bekah and Cara are over at the Laity's new place, the little cottage on the Smith's property, hanging out and trying to stay cool. While summer isn't my favorite time of year, it is beautiful here in SLO, and usually very quiet as most of the college students go home.
So a week ago, I finally joined the digital music age and bought music off of Itunes. Yes, I realize that I'm way behind the curve, per usual for me, but at least I finally went for it, prompted by gift cards. I remember my Dad and I wandering into Target several years after the idea of compact discs hit the market to buy our first cd player. And now cds are becoming obsolete. Anyways, I picked up a few tracks from Jeremy Riddle, The Fold, As Cities Burn, and the British rock band Muse. The Fold has been okay so far, while the other bands have been fantastic. As Cities Burn has a few tracks on their newest CD that have blown me away and had me tapping my fingers, much to Cara's chagrin (it annoys her to no end). As Cities Burn used to be more of a hard band, but their latest cut brings out a more artsy and complex sense, very Edison Glass-esque. And Muse--thanks to my brother Kirk (Happy 20th b-day to him, by the way) for introducing me to them a while back. Their CD Absolution has to be one of my all-time favorites, beautiful, haunting, and unpredictable.
In other family news, be praying as I have a HUGE test coming up this weekend, the CSET, and if I don't pass it this time around, Cal Poly may not let me in to the teaching credential program this fall. So I better pass it. Have a great day everyone!!

No comments: