Tuesday, August 18, 2009

2 more days!!!

We leave for our first family vacation since Bekah was 6 months old!!!...and half of it will be with just our family of four....so technically this is our FIRST family vacation with just our family since Keith and I went on our honeymoon.

Wednesday evening we head up to my dads in Bass lake and meet up with some friends of ours (my old roommate and her hubby).

Thursday we (me, Keith, Jen, Brennan) go into Yosemite for the day (Keith has never been) and we get to leave the girls with Papa Scott and Nana Netty!

Friday we drive down to Kingsburg to spend the night at my sisters and...

Saturday we head up to HUME LAKE! We have friends up there who have opened up their home for us to stay at until the end of the month while they are on their own family get away!

Sunday we plan to wake up slow, have fun, relax, talk to my husband, relax, play with my girls, read, take bike rides, relax, go to the snack shop, eat ice cream, play in the water, relax, stay away from our emails, take naps, run around in the sun and pretend real life doesn't exist....and then we plan to repeat this for 7 days!!!

We are so very excited to get out of town! I don't want to pack, work, prep for being gone. I just want to be there!

7 comments:

Jacquelyn said...

Do you have jen and brennan's contact info? I lost touch with them and I'd like to catch up!

Carrie Haughey said...

Oh Cara! I am so happy you get to go and relax! Have so much fun! I wish I was going up to Hume too... for a whole week! I got a weekend earlier, but a WEEK!

Miss you friend!

Mama Mote said...

How exciting for you to be able to get out and about with your family! I, honestly, am a bit jealous. :) Have fun with your family and friends. And take lots of pictures. Can't wait to hear about. But I'll be patient and pray for you as you head out.

Joanie said...

I'm jealous too! What a fabulous trip. Have fun!

liz oelker said...

wow!!! have soooo much fun!!!

2Badgers said...

We're so excited that you have family and friends to help you guys have a real vacation in a wonderful place! It is special to enjoy extended time away no matter where you live, and we hope to hear much about your adventures after so we can do something like it someday and know what works:)

Katie Lady said...

Hope you and the Clarks have a blast! I'm glad you get to see them...they are tons of fun.

When are you coming to Orange County for a visit??