Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Yummy Cookies!!!

I found a really yummy oatmeal cookie recipe the other day.... the cookies are already gone. I can't say that they are good for you but I was able to sneak some flaxseed in without Bekah knowing and they do call for raisins instead of chocolate chips. So here is the recipe just in case any of you feel like warming the house by turning your oven on for baking :)

Chewy Oatmeal Cookies (off the crisco container)
3/4 cup butter flavor crisco
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
1 egg
1/3 milk
1 1/2 vanilla
3 cups oats
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 cup raisins
1 cup chopped walnuts (I did have any so they didn't make it into this batch)
1/2 cup flaxseed (I added this ingredient)

Next time I'm going to try to us 1/2 whole wheat flour and real butter instead of the crisco...happy baking!

Anyone else have a yummy cookie recipie?

4 comments:

jenny said...

I always love the chocolate chip recipe just on the back of the nestle's bag - with milk chocolate chips. Yummy! I 'll have to make some soon...

Priscilla Rynning said...

funny!! this recipe has been in my family for at least 3 generations!!!! I have changed it "healthfully" by using unbleached white and 1/2 whole wheat sometimes and often raisins and cranberries and sometimes almonds and always butter now and not crisco anymore. I even make muffins using a very similar recipe and add some oat bran too!!

Joanie said...

yum

Rob Sullivan said...

Yumm definately gonna try those.

http://www.cobrapest.com