Monday, November 9, 2009

So Much To Do...and so little time!!!

Well needless to say we have been VERY busy these past few weeks!
Keith turned the big 26 years old
Bekah turned the big 3 years old
Keith has 4 weeks left of his student teaching...Yay!!!
and
We finally sat down and talked about what our next step is after Keith get's his teaching credential. After many months of discussing, praying and avoiding the topic we finally made a decision.
WE ARE MOVING....to the valley
And we are actually looking forward to it...and least mostly. We always knew we would most likely need to move out of SLO after Keith graduated but we finally decided to go the Fresno area. My sister - Katie - lives in Kingsburg with her family and loves it. Our good friends just moved to Visalia for teaching jobs. There are about 4 or 5 job openings that Keith has applied for in the area and plenty of subbing opportunities if the jobs don't work out. The rent is lower and the jobs pay more.....and most importantly we both felt led to take this step and go....so we are.
I went up with my mom and the girls this past weekend and after a lot of searching I found a cute little older house that has 2 small bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a big back yard!!! and laundry hook ups!!!! (Keith and I have been married for almost 5 years and we have never had laundry in our home). It's on a quiet street in Selma (8 minutes away from my sister) and our landlords are really sweet... and they live right next door. They offered the house to me a few minutes after we met and hugged me when I left! Oh and it's month to month rent!

Keith and I are moving all of our stuff up the weekend before Thanksgiving (I have sooooo much packing to do!) so that I have a few days to clean our appartment and maybe have a garage sale before Dec. 1st. Then we will spend the first two weeks of Dec. living back at my mom's house while she and Bill are out of town so that Keith can finish school and then it's up to our new home in Selma.

I can't belive I'm actually going to be leaving San Luis - this is a first for me - but I'm ready for the next step in this journy we call life and I'm excited to see the blessings that come from it.

15 comments:

Kate said...

oh my goodness!!! this went way way faster than i thought it would! :( but i'm happy for you. congrats! now we really need to get together before you leave. would next week work for you? mon, wed, and fris work best for me. oh, cara, i'm gonna miss you!

Carrie Haughey said...

ah! yay!! I was just thinking that I needed to call you and see how you were doing and how all the job search/moving stuff was going... Wow! Good luck with everything! So glad things are falling into place for you all! Miss you like crazy!

Kristen said...

oh my goodness, i just have to say that i worry about you posting your address on the internet!! yikes. you are much more trusting than me! good luck with everything though!

Katie Lady said...

I agree with Kristen...better to post your email and have your friends request your address. Especially since you have two adorable little girls. You'd be surprised and horrified at what people look for on the worldwide web.

All that to say, we are so thrilled and excited for you. Moving is a hassle, but such an adventure. It sounds like the Janssens found a good church in the area...we have plenty of friends in the area and plan a trip up that way every winter. So, now we can add a visit in with you guys! Congrats on the new home.

FYI: Craig's List is a SUPER place to find inexpensive used washer/dryers.

Joanie said...

I'm from the valley and if I had my way, I would have applied in Selma for my first teaching job. The school districts there are really neat. Alas, my husband had other ideas, so my first job was in Lancaster.

I will miss you and your sweet little girls!

Do you need help with anything?

jenny said...

Ooh! Sounds wonderfully exciting. I wish I could live 8 minutes from my sister! You are one lucky duck!

Cara said...

thanks for the addy advise..I never really think about that stuff but I really should...maybe moving out of "safe" little SLO is a better idea than I thought...I guess I'm just so excited to have an address that isn't followed my an apartment number!

2Badgers said...

Hey guys! You know how excited we are for you in this path that God is leading you, and may want to follow you there after Dec.25th if you are settled in enough....we could even offer help for a day or two. Since you will be so busy and can't see us here,we'll get a charlie brown tree and simplify our plans around here. So thankful for God's looking after you perfectly!

Mama Mote said...

Wow, Cara. I've been wondering what had been going on with you. Congratulations all around. It's hard to move from SLO, but also exciting. I was in Selma once, so I know where you will be. Glee Peterson and I were heading to Hume for a singles retreat in the winter. The roads were closed and we had to turn around and ended up in Selma. At 3 in the morning a huge semi parked and his lights were shining in our room. Not nice! Anyway, I know where you'll be. Will pray things go smooth as you pack, Keith finishes school, you move and find a church. And I'm sure Katie is ecstatic!!!

Christy said...

Wow Cara! This is crazy! Congrats!!! Good luck!!! I wish I lived near one of those two areas to help you move!

Kristen Borland said...

how exciting!! and to be so close to family must make it so much easier!

Irish Girl said...

The Maston's live in Clovis... do you remember them? I also have a really good friend from Biola that lives there as well, and she has 2 little ones.... maybe I can hook you guys up with a play date! :) I totally understand about having to move away from SLO for a teaching job... that's exactly what I did... of course, you will be able to drive home on the weekends, where I have to fly home twice a year :)
Love and miss you guys! I will be praying for job opportunities for Keith!!! I will be home for Christmas so hopefully y'all will be home at the same time so I can see you!

Liv said...

I am so proud of you guys CARA!!! That is so awesome!! Seriously you are going to do great in a new place learn a lot and make a ton of friends. Granted it doesnt come the first day but it comes faster than you expect. I wish I could come help you! TOmmy and I just moved last weekend to a new place and we are loving it, but I am not loving the work ahead of me to organze everything, anyways I totally miss you!!!
Liv
oh tommy and I are coming home around 20-3

Jason and Anna said...

Oh my gosh!!! WHAT!!!! We are going to get to see you before oyu leave. I don't think. Well we come back on the 8th of Dec. Will you be back be then...that is supposed to be a question but there is no question mark, haha. Sad but super exciting!!! Everybody is moving away. oh well, it's inevitable I guess!!! love you lady

liz oelker said...

oh my gosh! that is an exciting thing. i'm a bit sad casue i haven't been able to hang out with you in slo and now you're farther away :( but i'm glad the Lord has already blessed you with the perfect little location up there. all the best to you guys!