Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Surgery for my Dad tomorrow

Around two months ago now, my Dad (Mike Badger) was diagnosed with early stage prostate cancer. I'm humbled to remember that he was diagnosed just after Cara and I were reflecting back on the last year and asking Why did God have us go through all that? The answers to the question are unfathomable, but it left us realizing that God has a plan, however cliche that may sound--it is absolutely true.

So tomorrow my Dad goes up to Mountain View to have surgery. Since they caught it early, the chances for full recovery are extremely high and he won't need chemo or radiation, phew! He's in good spirits tonight and looking for how God can most be glorified through this latest trial, but he needs prayer for tomorrow morning and the subsequent recovery. So take a moment just as you're reading this to stop and pray for him--thank you!

Wherever you are tonight, here's hoping that your afflictions are being eclipsed by glory.



5 comments:

Alexis said...

My dad also has early stage prostate cancer but is having to go through a light dose of radiation. I know how it feels and am praying for your dad's surgery tomorrow!

Priscilla Rynning said...

praying! which hospital in Mtn. View? My parents live near El Camino.-brand new HUMONGOUS! The building I worked in 40+ years ago can no longer even be SEEN from the street.

Priscilla Rynning said...

how did the surgery go? how long will he be up there?

Janice Phillips said...

I go to Grace and found your blog through Pastor Tim's. My 21 yr old brother starts chemo today for stage 2 hodgkins-lymphoma...thanks for posting this song...very helpful in keeping my eyes on what's important.

Janice Phillips said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. Today's first treatment went well. He's a college senior at Cal Baptist Univ in Riverside and being treated at Loma Linda. Your offer to help is so kind. Prayers are always so appreciated, especially with the level of empathy only personal experience can provide. Praise God for your wife's remission! Maybe I'll see ya'll at church and we can meet for "real."