Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My First Haircut!

Today I got my first haircut since chemo.!

My hair was not very long but the back was getting kinda shaggy around my neck and it was driving me crazy. The back of my head and my ears were trimmed up so it's not longer annoying me :) and I actually got a complement on it as I was getting into my car from a woman walking by....I was shocked! I guess it actually looks like a style now instead of a grown out buzz cut!

I think it would be fun to put some kind of color (even though you shouldn't treat your hair after chemo.) in i too....I would have never chosen to cut it this short so why not play around with some fun color while I'm forced to be adventurous :) Hum.....should I go blond like Bekah? or add some red highlights? or just go really dark dark brown? So many choices...I guess while I'm at it I should also try going blue, green or purple too :) J/K

10 comments:

Larissa said...

Where is the picture? =) I can't wait to see it. You have such a beautiful face any haircut looks good on you.
Missed you today for our usual wednesday playdate. =) Grant has a fever. No other symptoms, just a fever so I don't know what's going on with him. poor baby. I think he took four naps today!

Joanie said...

I'm with Lara- show us a picture please!

Joanie said...

P.S. Congrats on this big milestone. :)

Lisa Lewis said...

Cara,
You could always do a henna to add highlights and then you wouldn't be treating your hair with anything harsh for bit of a change....

Christy said...

tossing in my picture vote!

Lisa Leonard said...

see i told you it looked awesome! maybe red...

Sheila said...

I agree let's see a picture! My hair has hot pink highlights in it right now from the festival Holi. It's a festival of colors where you "throw colors" (permanent powdered dye) at each other to welcome spring. It was pretty fun but that was on Tues. and my elbows and nails and parts of my hair are still hot pink... Someone told me yesterday "you'd actually look good with pink highlights, or maybe like strawberry blond hair" haha hopefully it'll come out soon. Have fun!
The Henna idea is a good one too. Over here a lot of people use henna to color their hair- it looks really really good on dark hair and doesn't involve harsh chemicals :)

Mama Mote said...

Live it up, Cara!!! Danielle had purple, orange, red, etc. Liz did blue, I think. Of course, this was all when you gals were high school age. I'm thinking of something in the highlights for my hair, but not sure what. But then, I'm highlighting my gray. :)

shari said...

that's awesome!

and i think dark dark dark dark brown. i love that color on short hair. just think of victoria beckam. she totally rocks it!

Liv said...

Cara, time to post a picture of your hair! I saw a fuzzy outline of you in one of the Hassons blog photos and your hair looked stunning- like wynona rider (yes i still cant spell)
miss you I would love to hear more about your life.
Liv